Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
A light chicken and pineapple curry with lots of vegetables is particularly beneficial and tasty, especially on hot summer days. In this post I’ll show you how to prepare a delicious chicken and pineapple curry with a small vegetable garnish in coconut milk.
This chicken and pineapple curry is prepared with a light coconut milk and a vegetable garnish made from snow peas and carrots. A rice side dish is ideal for this, but alternatively this curry can also be consumed on its own or with a little bread.
The combination of chicken and pineapple with coconut milk gives the curry a great combination of flavors. My chicken curry is spicy, but not too hot and just refreshing. You can of course vary it with other vegetables (e.g. peas or zucchini). Overall, this curry is a great dish for anyone who likes the combination of curry and coconut.
Maybe you fancy a vegetarian curry with sweet potatoes and chickpeas? You can find the recipe for this here .
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories: 551 – Protein: 40g – Fat: 15g – Carbs: 64g
- 400g chicken fillet
- 150g jasmine rice
- 500ml water
- 10g butter
- 3 carrots
- 1 can coconut milk, low fat
- 1 can pineapple, chopped
- 150g sugar snap peas
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp curry, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 lemon
- salt, pepper
- Step 1 Cut the chicken fillet into pieces and sear in the butter in a saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Then remove and set aside. Cook the rice according to package instructions
- Step 2 Peel the carrots and cut them into small slices, then boil them in the broth of the chicken with 500ml of water and let the water reduce. Deglaze with coconut milk and stir in tomato paste
Wash the sugar snap peas and stir in along with the pineapple chunks. Add curry, turmeric, coriander and paprika powder. Finally, stir in the chicken. Add the juice of half a lemon and season everything with salt and pepper.