In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare a quick and delicious Chili sin Carne in just 30 minutes. The chili is a real nutrient bomb and is particularly suitable for a vegan diet.
In a purely plant-based diet, in particular, it is sometimes difficult to consume enough nutrients and, in particular, enough protein. If you do without animal products, you should therefore especially use legumes. No sooner said than done – this is how this ultra-delicious and protein-rich Chili Sin Carne was created with lots of legumes, such as kidney beans, corn and red lentils. The vegan minced meat from a well-known slicing company, which can be found in every supermarket, was tried out. The result is this chilli are carne, which is really tasty and filling and is therefore one of my favorite dishes from now on.
Nutritional information per serving of Chili sin Carne:
Calories: 298 – Protein: 22g – Fat: 7g – Carbs: 35g
Chili sin Carne
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200g potatoes
- 280g kidney beans
- 280g corn
- 240g red lentils
- 400g chunky tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 180g vegan ground beef
- salt, pepper
- chili flakes
- optional: chili pepper, chopped
- optional: avocado & lime
- oil for sautéing.
- Step 1 Finely chop the shallots and garlic and sauté in a pot in a little vegetable oil. Mix with tomato paste and fry briefly
- Step 2 Then add kidney beans, corn, lentils and tomatoes, stir and simmer
- Step 3 Peel and dice the potatoes and cook in the chili
- Step 4 Meanwhile, fry the vegan minced meat briefly in a pan and add to the chili
- Step 5 Season the chili with salt, pepper and chili flakes. Tip: If you like it spicier, you can chop a fresh chili pepper and stir it in
- Step 6 Serve the chili with avocado and lime if desired.