Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Coleslaw is probably known from the USA or from the popular fast food restaurant that offers dozens of different types of fried chicken. In this post I will show you how you can easily prepare Coleslaw yourself. I prefer to use pointed cabbage for this, as it is a little milder.
Coleslaw is characterized by its crisp freshness, which is combined with a creamy dressing made from mayonnaise. It is well known that American food cannot be described as low in calories and healthy. Nevertheless, this salad is a classic for barbecue and simply tastes good!
There are probably dozen of recipes and variations for Coleslaw. Some make it with onions, cream and or mayonnaise, others completely different. I have also developed my own variant for this coleslaw and prefer to use pointed cabbage instead of white cabbage. This is simply a little milder, more digestible and fresher. I also don’t use onions or cream. Instead, I combine the herb with carrots, lemon juice, vinegar, mayonnaise, mustard, and sugar. A delicious marinade is then created from the juice of the herb, which soaks in the Coleslaw and gives it its juiciness.
My Coleslaw is perfect as a side dish to burgers and barbecues. If you’re looking for more salads, check out mine Recipe collection for salads around.
Nutritional information per serving of Coleslaw
Calories: 243 – Protein: 2g – Fat: 18g – Carbs: 16g
Coleslaw with Pointed Cabbage
- 1 small pointed cabbage (or half)
- 3-4 carrots
- 30g sugar
- 6-8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Quarter the pointed cabbage and cut out the stalk. Then cut a fine strip with a knife and vary the length again and again. (Alternatively, the pointed cabbage can be grated with a grater.)
- Step 2 Peel the carrots and remove the ends. Then grate coarsely with a grater .
- Step 3 Put the carrots and pointed cabbage in a large bowl and mix with the sugar and a little salt. Then let it steep for about 15 minutes .
- Step 4 When the salad has given off some water, add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar and mix everything well again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Tip: Vary the amount of mayonnaise depending on how much mayonnaise you want it to contain.