Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you my recipe for fluffy apple and cinnamon rolls with a fruity core.
I have to admit that it’s been a while since I baked again and, above all, prepared an extra yeast dough. But if you want fluffy cinnamon rolls, you can’t avoid the homemade yeast dough. I used to screw up a yeast dough like this a few times and today I still don’t know what the problem was. But as the saying goes: Practice makes perfect.
So: when you have overcome the first hurdle of the yeast dough, nothing stands in the way of these delicious cinnamon rolls with apple filling. The filling is really prepared in no time with just a few ingredients and is simply spread on the rolled out yeast dough. Then all you have to do is roll up the yeast dough and cut your snails off the roll. You can find detailed step-by-step instructions in the recipe below.
Nutritional information per cinnamon roll
Calories: 128 – Protein: 2,5g – Fat: 4g – Carbs: 21g
Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- For the yeast dough :
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 cube of yeast
- 50g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125ml milk (alternatively almond milk)
- 25g soft butter (alternatively vegan butter)
- Vanilla flavor
- For the filling :
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Miscellaneous: lump sugar for sprinkling
- Step 1 First prepare the yeast dough: warm the milk with butter, crumble in the yeast and stir
- Step 2 Then mix all the dry ingredients and stir in the yeast milk. Knead everything together to form a dough and cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour. (Tip: I preheat the oven to 30 degrees, turn it off and let the dough rise in it.)
- Step 3 Now prepare the filling: peel the apples and cut into fine cubes. Heat the butter in a saucepan and caramelize the apples with the sugar and cinnamon. Then set aside.
- Step 4 When the dough is ready, roll it out evenly into a rectangle and brush with the apple filling .
- Step 5 Carefully roll up the dough on the long side and cut into even pieces or slices.
- Step 6 Grease an oven pan and place the slices in the pan with the cut surface facing down.
- Step 7 Then let the snails rise for another 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 180 degrees.
- Step 8 Brush the snails with milk before baking and then bake for about 20-30.
- Step 9 When the cinnamon buns are ready, you can sprinkle them with crystal sugar.