Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
The cauliflower pizza is very trendy. Especially in the USA, the cauliflower pizza is one of the absolute fitness meals, as it is particularly low in fat and calories and also tastes excellent. In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare a delicious, low-calorie pizza from cauliflower.
Preparing the cauliflower pizza
The cauliflower pizza consists of a dough made of finely pureed cauliflower, which is enriched with eggs, parmesan and spices. It is particularly important for a good cauliflower dough that as much water as possible is removed from it before baking, otherwise it will not set.
Once the dough has been mixed and drained, it can be shaped in any shape on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then it is baked in the oven for about 30 minutes – initially without topping – so that it becomes nice and firm.
While the cauliflower base is in the oven, the tomato sauce can be prepared and the topping can be chosen as you like. For the tomato sauce, I recommend mixing tomatoes with tomato paste in a ratio of 3: 1 and seasoning the sauce with salt, pepper and oregano. A mix of tomatoes and mozzarella is particularly suitable as a topping. I especially like to eat my cauliflower pizza with fresh serrano, cocktail tomatoes, rocket and parmesan. Tomato sauce and mozzarella serve as the basis.
After the first 30 minutes of baking time, the cauliflower base is taken out of the oven and topped with the tomato sauce, mozzarella and a topping of your choice. The cauliflower pizza is then baked for another 10-15 minutes.
Nutritional information Pizza Serrano
Calories: 491 – Protein: 54g – Fat: 25g – Carbs: 13g
Cauliflower Pizza Basic Recipe
- 1 cauliflower
- 30g parmesan
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, oregano
- 3 tablespoons strained tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1/2 mozzarella light.
- Step 1 Remove the stalk of the cauliflower and pulverize the roses in a food processor. Then cook in the microwave for about 3 minutes
- Step 2 Wrap the cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel to squeeze out the liquid. Then mix the dry mixture with Parmesan cheese, an egg, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika powder and oregano. Form the mixture into a round dough on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 200 degrees O/U for about 30-40 minutes
- Step 3 Mix the strained tomatoes with tomato paste, salt, pepper and oregano. Cut the mozzarella into fine slices
- Step 4 Take the dough out of the oven and smear with tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella, oregano and other toppings of your choice and bake for another 15 minutes.