Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Are you looking for a great recipe for your next party or a snack for the next Netflix evening? Then I have just the thing for you here: a fluffy focaccia with two kinds of tomatoes and red onions.
Focaccia is a flatbread made from yeast dough that is drizzled with olive oil, salt and various herbs before baking. It is particularly suitable as a side dish or appetizer in front of a menu or as finger food for your next party or the next Netflix evening.
My focaccia is classically prepared from yeast dough, olive oil, salt and oregano. This focaccia can be topped up as you like; I recommend a Mediterranean topping with various tomatoes, onions and basil. But you can also try my focaccia with spinach, mushrooms, olives or peppers.
The special thing about focaccia breads is the lightness that is used when baking with the addition of olive oil. That’s why I recommend that you pay particular attention to the use of first-class, extra virgin olive oil. Here is an interesting contribution to the production of a first-class olive oil: On the quality of olive oil .
Nutritional information per serving (1/2)
Calories: 456 – Protein: 17g – Fat: 6g – Carbs: 84g
Focaccia with two kinds of tomatoes and onions
- 500g flour
- 300ml lukewarm water
- 1x fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the topping:
- 1 red onion
- Colorful cocktail tomatoes
- oregano, fresh basil, sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Step 1 Dissolve the yeast in water with sugar. Then knead together with the flour, salt and olive oil until the dough is no longer sticky. Then leave to rise in the oven at 30 degrees for 1h.
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Peel the onion and cut into thin strips together with the tomatoes.
- Step 3 The dough should now have doubled in size so that it can be kneaded again and divided in half. Form two foccacia loaves from the dough pieces and make several depressions with your fingertips. Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil each and top with onion and tomato. Press them into the cavities
- Step 4 Sprinkle with sea salt and oregano and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Then top with fresh basil.