Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you a super quick pasta recipe for Gargenelli alla Panna – a creamy cream sauce with ham. A classic italian recipe for young and old.
When I was on vacation in Italy this summer, I was of course always looking for an original and local pasta dish. I finally found my master in the small town of Ravenna, known for its mosaics. Simple and classic Italian dishes were served in an Italian tavern. Including this recipe for Garganelli alla Panna – a pasta that is very similar to the penne, with a creamy cream sauce and fresh prosciutto cotto. Supposedly simple, but just plain good.
Anyone who has ever eaten a real alla panna sauce knows what I mean when I say that these are not just pasta with cream sauce. The combination of fresh egg, cream, salt and nutmeg combined with the right amount of pasta water and a good feeling for cooking temperatures just melts young and old. Any type of pasta goes well with it, whether spaghetti, penne alla panna or even tortellini alla panna.
If you like this recipe for Garganelli alla Panna, you might also like my Tortellini alla Panna with processed cheese.
Nutritional information per serving of Garganelli alla Panna
Calories: 788 – Protein: 33g – Fat: 40g – Carbs: 72g
Garganelli alla Panna
- 250g fresh garganelli
- 100g cooked ham (in pieces)
- 3 egg yolks
- 250g cream
- 20g butter
- salt, nutmeg, pepper
- 1-2 ladles pasta water
- Step 1 Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente
- Step 2 Meanwhile, dice the ham and fry in a deep pan over medium heat
- Step 3 Separate the eggs and mix the yolks together with the cream. Season with a good portion of salt and nutmeg. Use the egg whites elsewhere
- Step 4 add the al dente pasta to the ham and toss. Then reduce heat and add the cream-egg mixture. Add a ladle of pasta water as well as butter and stir everything together. Allow the sauce to thicken over low heat, whisking constantly, adding a little more pasta water depending on the consistency. The sauce should be creamy
serve the pasta with fresh pepper.