Switch the language to: Deutsch
In this post I will show you how to prepare a delicious lasagne Bolognese with bechamel. A classic recipe like you get served at the Italian restaurant around the corner.
A lasagna is something very fine in my opinion. Whether as a great family meal, for a special occasion or as soul food after a difficult week – a lasagna makes you happy. What is important for me is a balanced ratio between pasta, sauce, cheese and above all: a good béchamel sauce. The béchamel gives the lasagna the finishing touch and should not be neglected. If you want to save calories on this dish, you might be better off using my vegetarian alternative: Here go to my vegetable lasagna with carrots.
In this recipe I will show you how to prepare the lasagna yourself by mixing a tomato sauce with minced beef perfectly, layering it sufficiently with pasta plates and preparing a great bechamel with it. With this you then complete the layering before the cheese is added. When it comes to cheese, I always choose a medium-aged Gouda because it’s nice and tangy. But here applies: Everyone as he / she likes!
Nutritional information per large piece (1/4)
Calories: 797 – Protein: 52g – Fat: 45g – Carbs: 46g
- 800g ground beef, organic
- 9 lasagna sheets
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes with basil
- 40g tomato paste
- 4 slices of Gouda medium old
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt, pepper, Italian herbs
- basil, fresh
For the béchamel:
- 20g butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- Approx. 500ml milk
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Step 1 Dice the shallot and garlic and sauté in a little olive oil in a deep pan. Then add the minced meat and grind. Fry the meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Stir the tomato paste into the meat mixture and let it roast briefly. Then deglaze with the canned tomatoes, stir and simmer until the sauce reduces. Add a little sweetness and season to taste with salt, pepper, Italian herbs and chopped basil
- Step 3 For the bechamel, melt butter in a saucepan. Then stir in the flour briskly with a whisk and pour in the milk while stirring. Bring to a boil at a raised temperature, stirring, until the sauce thickens. Add more milk as needed. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Step 4 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees O/U. Prepare a lasagna dish and fill it alternately with sauce and lasagna sheets in layers, making sure that the sauce is about 2cm thick. Repeat the process until the mold is filled. Finish with the sauce. Finally, apply the béchamel as the last layer.
Then pre-bake the lasagna in the oven for about 15 minutes. Then spread the cheese generously on the béchamel and finish baking for another 30 minutes.