Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post I will show you a simple recipe for tortellini al pomodore with tender buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil. A true pasta classic reinterpreted with delicious tortellini.
It’s time for pasta classics again! Today a tortellini al pomodore with tender mini buffalo mozzarella. What exactly is Pomodore? A fruity, cooked-down tomato sauce with just a few ingredients. More precisely, you only need onions, garlic, tomatoes, some sugar and Italian herbs for this sauce. This is all boiled down together and then combined with the pasta. Authentically Italian and simply delicious. Refined with tender buffalo mozzarella that melts on the hot pasta, this dish is a true soul food.
If you fancy more pasta recipes like this Tortellini al Pomodore, then just have a look at my recipe collection for pasta & rice.
Nutritional information per serving of Tortellini al Pomodore
Calories: 590 – Protein: 25g – Fat: 25g – Carbs: 65g
Tortellini al Pomodore with buffalo mozzarella
- 500g tortellini
- 500g peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cane sugar
- 180g mini buffalo mozzarella
- Salt, pepper, Italian herbs
- 1 bunch of basil
- Olive oil for frying
- Step 1 Cut the onion and garlic into fine cubes and sauté in a little olive oil at medium temperature until translucent. Then stir in tomato paste and cane sugar and let fry briefly.
- Step 2 Add the tomatoes and stir everything together. Roughly chop the basil and stir in. Then simmer everything stirring for 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile cook the tortellini in salted water.
- Step 4 Stir the sauce again and again and season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs (thyme, oregano, basil).
- Step 5 Finally serve with mini buffalo mozzarella. Tip: If you like, you can put the finished plate in the microwave again for 30 seconds so that the mozzarella melts.