Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Apple roses made from puff pastry are one of my absolute highlights for desserts. They just look beautiful and taste wonderfully delicious. If you are still looking for a great dessert for a special occasion, you will find it with my apple roses. Here I show you how they are prepared.
For four apple roses you need the following ingredients:
- 2 apples with red skin
- 1 puff pastry (e.g. from the refrigerated shelf)
- 4 teaspoons each of apricot jam, brown sugar and cinnamon
- 1 lemon
At the beginning you cut the apples into fine and even slices (ideally 0.5 cm) and place the slices in a bowl filled with water. Add the juice of a lemon to the water. The lemon juice prevents the apples from turning brown once they are cut open. Now put the bowl with the apples and the water in the microwave over medium heat for 2 minutes, so that the apples become soft and can be bent more easily afterwards. Then you take the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and use a pizza roller to divide it into four pale-sized lanes.
Next, coat the puff pastry sheets with 1 teaspoon of jam and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon over the sheets. The jam will later give your apple roses a fruity and fresh taste and ensure that the puff pastry does not get too dry when baking. Cinnamon and sugar round off the taste and go perfectly with the apples.
Then you take the soft apple slices and place them with the round edge facing outwards in a fan-like manner on the long side of the puff pastry sheet. You should make sure that, firstly, they are not too close to the edge and, secondly, that they touch each other lightly. In the end you will get a rosy result.
Now it’s time to get canned: The puff pastry sheets with the apples are now folded up and rolled up so that the protruding apple edges are formed into a rose. To do this, fold the free puff pastry over to the apple slices and cover the apple slices with the puff pastry. Then you roll it up into a rose. You can do this by carefully rolling the strips from one end to the other, making sure that the individual apple slices do not fall out.
After you have finished rolling up all of the apple roses, you will receive fine puff pastry roses that are baked in a muffin pan. Now a final tip: if the apple roses have been rolled up, they look a bit squashed at first. So that the apple roses rise nicely during baking and become a blooming rose, you carefully push the apple slices outwards and use them to open the rose. Make sure that the apple slices don’t bend over or fall out. Ideally, you put the apple roses in the refrigerator again beforehand so that the puff pastry stays nice and firm.
Finally, the apple roses are baked in the oven at 160 degrees O / U for about 30-40 minutes.
Nutritional information per apple rose
Calories: 324 – Protein: 4g – Fat: 16g – Carbs: 41g
Apple Roses made from Puff Pastry
- 1x puff pastry
- 2 red apples
- 4 tsp apricot jam
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Step 1 Divide the apple and remove the core. Then put the apples with the cut side on the board and cut into thin slices. Collect the apple slices in a bowl of warm water and add a dash of lemon juice.
- Step 2 Roll out the puff pastry and divide it into 4 equal-length sheets.
- Step 3 Spread the puff pastry sheets each with 1 tsp. jam and spread 1 tsp. brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon on each sheet.
- Step 4 Then lay out the apple slices on the puff pastry sheets in such a way that the round edge of the apple slightly peeks over one edge side of the puff pastry. The apples should overlap slightly
- Step 5 Finally, fold the sheets in half along the uncovered end so that the apples are lightly covered. Then roll up the puff pastry from one side to the other so that small roses are formed.
- Step 6 Place the roses in a muffin tin and bake for about 40 minutes in the oven at 160 degrees O/U.
Tip: To make the roses easier to roll, it is recommended to heat the apples in a water bath in the microwave beforehand so that they are easier to bend afterwards.