Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare rigatoni al forno with lentils. A vegetarian pasta variation from the oven baked with delicious mozzarella.
Rigatoni al forno is available in dozens of different variations. What they all have in common is that they are topped with delicious cheese. For my variant, I opted for a vegetarian rigatoni variation consisting of a mild lentil sauce with tomatoes, onions, garlic and spices. For the perfect Rigatoni al forno I still need creamy mozzarella to bake the Rigatoni crispy and of course a homemade bechamel sauce, which rounds off this recipe.
If you like, you can of course modify this recipe as you like. Whether with minced meat, ham, peas or paprika – Rigatoni al forno can be baked with anything. Take a look at my others Pasta recipes around if you feel like it.
Nutritional information per serving of Rigatoni al forno
Calories: 452 – Protein: 21g – Fat: 11g – Carbs: 67g
Rigatoni al forno with lentils
- 250g rigatoni
- 1 can red lentils (265g)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 200-400ml milk
- 1 mozzarella
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, Italian herbs
- some oil for the pan
- Step 1 Cook the rigatoni in salted water until al dente. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees convection
- Step 2 In the meantime, finely dice the onion and garlic and fry them in a little oil in a deep pan. Stir in the lentils and mix with the tomato paste .
- Step 3 Bring the lentils to a boil and deglaze with the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in about 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs. Simmer the sauce over low heat for 5 minutes
- Step 4 drain the pasta and mix with the lentil sauce. Then melt the butter in a saucepan over 3/4 heat, whisk in the flour and stir in the butter-flour sponge with milk. Bring the sauce to a boil until it thickens. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. (Tip: The sauce should be somewhat thick. Therefore, stir in more or less milk depending on your taste)
- Step 5 Now place the pasta in the sauce in a baking dish and cover with the roux. Then slice the mozzarella and spread it on the casserole. Bake the casserole in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the mozzarella is golden brown.