In this post, I’ll show you a quick and easy recipe for Chicken Curry with Rice. The chicken curry is prepared with coconut milk and becomes an absolute favorite with the right spices.
As you may know, I love curry dishes with delicious basmati or jasmine rice. I sometimes wonder why I didn’t like these dishes at all in the past and I get annoyed that I missed so much. Maybe that is the reason why I like to try new curry creations over and over again. This chicken curry is currently one of my favorites because it is so quick and easy to prepare and is simply an absolute soul food! Even if the calories are tough, you shouldn’t forget that this dish also contains a lot of protein. Besides – sometimes it just doesn’t matter! 😉
The great thing about this chicken curry is that it is so easy and quick to prepare. You only need a few ingredients here, most of which are already in the pantry. I also recommend a really fresh meat, which is best of organic quality. Even if it is more expensive, it pays off in terms of taste and society to make a contribution to the environment.
If you would like to discover more curry recipes, take a look around my Asian recipe collection.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories: 768 – Protein: 54g – Fat: 32g – Carbs: 66g
Chicken Curry with Rice
- 400g sliced chicken
- 150g rice
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of creamy coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt, pepper, curry powder
- fresh coriander
- some oil to fry
- Step 1 Sear the sliced chicken in a little oil with chopped onions and garlic, so that nice toasted aromas develop on all sides.
- Step 2 Meanwhile cook the rice in salted water.
- Step 3 Deglaze the chicken with coconut milk, bring to the boil and stir in the tomato paste. Then let it reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4 Season with salt, pepper and 1-2 teaspoons of curry powder and serve with fresh coriander.