In this post I’ll show you a great recipe for chicken teriyaki with purple jasberry rice and pepper mix. An Asian-inspired recipe for a quick after-work meal.
Do you already know Jasberry Reis? This is purple rice from Thailand, which is already being traded as a new superfood. The antioxidant capacity of jasberry rice is so high that it can not only compete with popular superfoods, but even surpass them. The value is three times as high as that of blueberries and four times as high as that of goji berries. And the best thing about it: It also tastes delicious. I combined this superfood rice with a tender chicken teriyaki and a colorful paprika mix with sesame oil and sesame seeds. You can find out more about Jasberry here .
If you feel like more dishes with meat, have a look here around.
Nutritional information per serving or Chicken Teriyaki:
Calories: 574 – Protein: 48g – Fat: 12g – 68g
Chicken Teriyaki with Rice and Paprika Mix
- 150g jasberry rice
- 300g chicken fillet
- 3 colorful bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 70ml soy sauce
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Simmer the rice in about 500ml of salted water for about 25 minutes
- Step 2 Cut the bell bell pepper and onion into fine strips and sauté in a pan with a little sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, cut the chicken fillet into fine pieces and sauté in some sesame oil in another pan. Also season with salt and pepper
- Step 4 finely chop the garlic and mix together with honey and soy sauce in a bowl. Then pour the marinade over the pieces of meat and mix. Sauté briefly.
- Step 5 Drain the rice if there is still water in the pot. Then serve everything together and sprinkle with sesame seeds.