Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Do you have any ripe bananas left over? Then maybe it’s time again for a fluffy, juicy banana bread. In this post, I’ll show you a simple recipe for a juicy chocolate chip banana bread that requires only a few ingredients and no additional sugar.
I actually have banana bread every now and then. I always try out new recipes. For example, I already have one healthy banana bread without sugar and fat tried or another variant with Chocolate and whole bananas on the crust . There are probably dozen other variants that you can try out here. And I’ll probably add a few more to my recipe collection as well. 🙂
With this chocolate chip banana bread, I mainly used leftovers. This includes, of course, a few ripe bananas, eggs, but also ground almonds and some whole milk couverture that are left over from the last baking campaign. Even if the almonds are hardly noticeable in the finished baked result, I believe that they are especially good for the consistency. This chocolate chip banana bread is really juicy and fluffy in the end. If you expect a compact bread here, you will unfortunately be wrong.
By the way, I don’t use any extra sugar in this recipe. The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter the banana bread can become on its own. In addition, the chocolate gives off a lot of sweetness afterwards, so that additional sugar is not necessary. If you still prefer it sweeter, you can of course use a sweetener of your own choice. Without any extra sugar, this chocolate chip banana bread has around 112 calories per slice in the end.
Nutritional information per slice of chocolate chip banana bread
Calories: 112 – Protein: 3.5g – Fat: 5g – Carbs: 12g
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 50g ground almonds
- 180g flour
- 1x vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100ml almond milk
- 30g whole milk chocolate in pieces
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees O / U .
- Step 2 Mash the banana together with the eggs with a fork. Then whisk with a hand mixer .
- Step 3 Stir rapeseed oil, almonds, flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder into the batter one after the other and whisk everything into a creamy mixture. Finally stir in the almond milk together with the chocolate chips .
- Step 4 Fill a greased loaf pan with the dough and bake in the oven for about 50 minutes (stick test).