Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post I will show you a simple and quick recipe for a refreshing Crema Catalana. A great dessert for every occasion.
What dessert do you think of when you imagine sitting somewhere on the Spanish coast in a cozy restaurant in late summer? I definitely always think of Crema Catalan. The Spanish counterpart to creme brülee is something very special for me because it tastes so wonderfully light and refreshing. Simply an ideal dessert, especially on warm summer days.
Here I will show you how you can quickly and easily conjure up that Spanish holiday feeling in your kitchen. You only need a few ingredients, a little time and patience and, in the end, just a lot of enjoyment.
Nutritional information per serving of Crema Catalana:
Calories: 183 – Protein: 7g – Fat: 7g – Carbs: 22g
- 6 egg yolks
- 50g cornstarch
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 lemon
- 750ml milk
- 50g sugar
- some cane sugar for sprinkling
- Step 1 Dissolve cornstarch in 200ml of milk. Bring the rest of the milk to the boil while stirring and stir in some lemon zest
- Step 2 Whisk the egg yolks together with sugar in a deep bowl, stir in the milk with the starch and then carefully stir in the hot milk as well. Tip: The milk should not be boiling hot, otherwise the egg will set immediately
- Step 3 Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring until the mixture thickens slightly
- Step 4 Meanwhile, cut open the vanilla bean, scrape out the pulp and stir into the mixture. Once the mixture thickens, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the Crema Catalan into 6 small bowls and leave to cool
- Step 5 before eating, sprinkle with cane sugar to taste and caramelize gently with a burner.