Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
We don’t often have a really good schnitzel on the table, but if there is one, then only Grandma’s recipe comes into question. In this post I will show you how you can prepare a few turkey schnitzel super quickly and avoid using additional flour.
In my last post I told you about Grandma’s cucumber-salad reported. Today I’ll show you the recipe for the turkey schnitzel, which my grandma usually has with cucumber salad. By the way, I recommend this combination to you because it simply goes together wonderfully and is considered an absolute classic.
I already gave it away in the introduction: These turkey schnitzel do not contain flour at all. On the one hand, that’s because it makes them gluten-free, and on the other hand, my grandma told me that she doesn’t need any flour for the breading. It is enough to use good organic egg yolk and first place the schnitzel in it and then turn it in breadcrumbs. They are then fried in butter in the pan and baked in the oven. This makes them crispy and tender as butter and stays nice and juicy. For the seasoning it is enough to stir in a little salt, pepper and paprika powder into the egg mixture. This is how the schnitzel becomes deliciously spicy.
By the way: This recipe is really perfect thanks to the use of regional meat from a trusted butcher and organic free-range eggs. Sustainable and conscious behavior when shopping not only has a positive effect on the environment, it also simply tastes much better on the plate afterwards. That is why I recommend: Better to buy meat less often, but pay attention to an environmentally friendly attitude.
Nutritional information per schnitzel
Calories: 371 – Protein: 42g – Fat: 13g – Carbs: 21g
Quick and Easy Turkey Schnitzel
- 3 turkey cutlets from the regional butcher (approx. 130g each)
- 2 egg yolks from the organic egg
- breadcrumbs as needed (approx. 100g)
- 10g butter
- salt, pepper, paprika powder
- Step 1 Take the cutlets out of the refrigerator in good time and bring them to room temperature. If necessary, flatten the cutlets. Mix the egg yolks on a large plate with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Prepare a second deep plate with breadcrumbs
- Step 2 Heat a frying pan and grease with butter. Now turn the cutlets one by one first in the egg yolk and then in the breadcrumbs. Once everything is covered, put the cutlets in the pan and fry at high temperature for about 2 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
Heat the oven to 50 degrees and let the cutlets finish baking on an oven-proof plate for about 5-10 minutes in the oven.