Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you a quick and easy recipe for crispy gnocchi with fried Brussels sprouts in a creamy white sauce.
Gnocchi with Brussels sprouts sounds like a great combo if you belong to the rare species that likes Brussels sprouts. Opinions are usually divided on the subject, because some love Brussels sprouts in season and others despise it. Personally, I believe that my Brussels sprouts taste buds only developed with advancing age, because until a few years ago I was one of those people who went to the drive in of a fast food restaurant just thinking about Brussels sprouts. Today, with a little more flavor, I can definitely eat Brussels sprouts. Even if not every day, but especially in combination with potatoes and a delicious sauce, it works quite well every now and then.
So one more reason to simply serve gnocchi with Brussels sprouts, because this dish is quick and easy to prepare and every vegetable tastes good with gnocchi. There is also a creamy white sauce and the quick dinner was perfect.
Nutritional information per serving of gnocchi with Brussels sprouts
Calories: 592 – Protein: 15g – Fat: 25g – Carbs: 74g
Gnocchi with Brussel Sprouts
- 400g gnocchi
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 400ml milk or plant-based milk
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- some rapeseed oil for the pan
- Step 1 Wash the Brussels sprouts and remove any dirty leaves. Then roast on all sides in a pan with 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour with a whisk. Pour in milk while stirring so that the flour dissolves and then bring to the boil while stirring at a higher temperature. Then turn down the temperature and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg .
- Step 3 Put the Brussels sprouts in the sauce and let it steep at low temperature.
- Step 4 Meanwhile, heat a little oil in the same pan and roast the gnocchi until golden brown on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and then add to the Brussels sprouts sauce.
- Step 5 Mix everything together and serve.