Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Winter is here, Christmas time is just around the corner and the pumpkin season is drawing to a close. A handful of reasons to knock out another quick and delicious pumpkin recipe: Pumpkin wedges from the oven with feta, rosemary and honey. Every year at the beginning of autumn, the pumpkin is the vegetable of autumn. You can see it on every seasonal menu of the day and in almost every shop window. Whether designed as an ornamental pumpkin or as a creepy Halloween face, the pumpkin is extremely popular all over the world. For my part, I particularly like the pumpkin because of its versatility in the kitchen.
Preparation and tips
Preparing pumpkin wedges for the oven doesn’t look so easy at second glance, because there is one problem: the pumpkin is very firm and difficult to cut. It is therefore advisable to divide the pumpkin in half so that the core can be removed. To do this, wash the pumpkin warm and cut it open with a sharp knife. The core casing can then be easily scraped out with a spoon.
After the inside of the pumpkin has been removed, the pumpkin should be cut into quarters. These quarters are then rubbed with a little olive oil and baked in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes. This has the effect that the pumpkin becomes soft and can then be better cut into wedges. After the pumpkin has been pre-baked, it is easy to cut into small wedges. Simply cut the quarters into columns. Then place the wedges in a baking dish and brush evenly with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a little cinnamon. Warning: Do not use too much cinnamon – the cinnamon only gives the pumpkin a light aroma that should not be too intense. Then dice the feta and distribute it evenly on the pumpkin wedges.
The feta will caramelize slightly during baking and result in a crispy chewing experience. It also gives the pumpkin a creamy taste component and provides high-quality proteins. Finally, finely chop fresh rosemary and walnuts and sprinkle over the pumpkin wedges. Then put the baking dish in the oven again and bake everything at 180 degrees O / U for about 25 minutes. When serving the pumpkin, I always have a bowl of honey ready so that everyone can pour honey over the pumpkin as they wish.
Overall, this recipe is a nice recipe for a light pumpkin variant, which can also be combined with a salad or a side dish of meat. If you like this recipe and you like pumpkin, you will surely like my pumpkin soup too.
If you are interested in other recipes, check out my recipe collection.
Nutritional Information per serving of oven pumpkin
Oven pumpkin with honey and feta
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 100g feta
- 20g walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt, pepper, cinnamon, rosemary
- Step 1 Wash the pumpkin and cut in half. Take out the core and quarter the pumpkin.
- Step 2 Bake the pumpkin quarters in a pan at 180 degrees in the oven for about 20 minutes until it becomes softer.
- Step 3 Now cut individual pumpkin wedges from the pumpkin pieces and place them in a baking dish. Brush the pumpkin wedges evenly with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Step 4 Dice the feta and sprinkle over the pumpkin wedges.
- Step 5 Finely chop the rosemary and walnuts and sprinkle over the pumpkin wedges and the feta.
- Step 6 Bake everything for about 25 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees O / U.
- Step 7 Serve the finished pumpkin wedges and pour honey over them if you like.