Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Autumn time is pumpkin time! In this post I will show you how to prepare a delicious and creamy pumpkin risotto from Hokkaido.
It’s finally that time again: autumn is here and the pumpkin season is starting! Orange pumpkins are currently shining in every supermarket and on every food blog. From pumpkin seed soup to oven pumpkin and pumpkin pie, I am currently seeing so many great recipes that I have also created a new pumpkin recipe myself. The result was this pumpkin risotto, the color of which was really fantastic orange. Fortunately, my pumpkin risotto not only looks fabulous, it tastes wonderful too! Puffy and creamy with a bit of bite – that’s how a risotto should be! The delicious pumpkin pieces, the pumpkin seeds and the pumpkin seed oil round off my risotto.
If you fancy more pumpkin recipes, have a look under my catchphrase pumpkin after. You can find more risotto variations here .
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 631 – Protein: 16g – Fat: 30g – Carbs: 74g
- 150g risotto rice
- 1/2 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500ml water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- 10g butter
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seed oil
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
- optional: white wine
- Step 1 Wash the Hokkaido and cut into approx. 2cm thick columns
- Step 2 Lay the columns on a baking tray with baking paper, brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then bake the Hokkaido for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees convection oven.
- Step 3 Remove the pumpkin wedges from the oven and 2/3 of the columns a blender or with the blender puree finely. Tip: If necessary, add 100ml of water to make it easier to blend the pumpkin. Set aside the rest of the squash.
- Step 4 finely dice the shallot and garlic and sauté in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the risotto rice and sweat briefly. Optionally, deglaze with white wine
- Step 5 then cover the risotto rice with water and bring to the boil, stirring, until the water has boiled away. Repeat the process about 3-4 times until the water is used up.
- Step 6 Meanwhile, finely dice the remaining pumpkin slices and set aside. Stir the pumpkin puree into the risotto. Add butter and Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Step 7 Season the pumpkin risotto with salt and pepper. Finally, carefully fold in the pumpkin cubes
- Step 8 Serve the pumpkin risotto optionally with pumpkin seed oil and extra Parmesan.