Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Smashed potatoes are the new potato trend par excellence. If someone asks me how I would describe them, I would answer: A mixture of baked potatoes and crispy fries. In this post, I’ll show you how you can easily prepare them.
Smashed potatoes are super easy to prepare, can be varied with all sorts of marinades or herbs and are the potato trend par excellence! I prefer to serve them as a side dish or prepare them as a great snack in between. The nice thing about this recipe is that they are super easy and super quick to make. Actually, you hardly need to pay attention to them and only have to follow a few steps to prepare the delicious potatoes.
What exactly are smashed potatoes? Perhaps you also know them by the term squeezed potatoes, because they are actually small potatoes (I prefer to use triplets) that are first boiled until soft and then crushed or squeezed with their peel. The squashed potatoes are then coated with oil and other herbs / spices and baked until crispy in the oven. The result is a mixture of baked potatoes and fried potatoes.
If you are in the mood for more side dish recipes, then take a look at mine Recipe collection around. In addition to these crushed potatoes, you will find many other side dishes or main dishes there.
Nutritional information per serving of smashed potatoes
Calories: 326 – Protein: 4g – Fat: 23g – Carbs: 25g
Smashed Potatoes with garlic
- 14 triplets
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch sea salt
- parsley and basil to serve
- Step 1 Wash the triplets and boil them in water until soft. Then pour off and let cool down briefly .
- Step 2 Preheat the oven to 160 degrees circulating air. Meanwhile, finely chop the garlic cloves and stir together with olive oil, salt and pepper .
- Step 3 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the triplets on top and flatten them with a glass or large spoon. Brush the crushed potatoes with the olive oil and garlic mixture and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes .
- Step 4 Serve with chopped parsley, extra sea salt and basil.