Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In summer there is nothing delicious than fresh pastries with strawberries. In this post, I’ll show you how to make a simple strawberry galette from shortcrust pastry with an almond crust and vanilla quark.
A galette is actually a French buckwheat crepe. But galettes can now be found in many different variations. So I’m going to show you a quick and easy strawberry galette made from shortcrust pastry with an almond crust and vanilla quark.
For the shortcrust pastry, simply knead butter with flour, a little salt and sugar and put it in the fridge for about 1 hour. Then it can be rolled out, coated with light vanilla quark and topped with fresh strawberries. The edge of the shortcrust pastry is left free for 2-3cm, as it is then folded over. Covered with almond slivers, this results in the typical shape of the strawberry galette.
Nutritional information per quarter
Calories: 497 – Protein: 6g – Fat: 33g – Carbs: 44g
- Ingredients for the dough:
- 180g flour
- 170g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30g sugar
- 3-4 tsp ice water
- 20g flaked almonds
- Ingredients for the filling:
- 4-5 strawberries
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp low-fat curd
- 1x vanilla extract
- Step 1 Cut the cold butter into pieces and knead with flour, salt and sugar. Mix with 3-4 tablespoons of ice water, form into a ball, flatten it and place in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and cut into slices. Mix the low-fat quark with vanilla extract
- Step 3 Roll out the dough into a 1cm thick circle. Spread the center of the circle with cottage cheese. Make sure that 3 cm of the edge is left free. Then top with strawberries, folding over the edge of the dough to lightly cover the strawberries. Finally, drizzle the filling with agave syrup
Cover the edge with almond flakes. Then bake the galette at 200 degrees O/U for about 25 minutes.