Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
Whether as a meal prep or for a quick after-work meal – burritos are great for both situations! In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare a delicious, low-calorie Tex-Mex burrito in less than 30 minutes.
For far too long I haven’t prepared a classic fast food myself. The last time I saw and ate such delicious burritos at a food market in Amsterdam, it didn’t take long to make these burritos myself at home. With this huge variety of burrito fillings, I decided on a classic Tex-Mex variant with minced meat, corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, avocado and lettuce. This Tex-Mex burrito was rounded off with cream cheese and a little creme fraiche for the perfect creaminess inside.
This burrito is definitely something fine for a quick hunger or the big burrito obzession. If you couldn’t get enough of this burrito, you can prepare several servings directly and simply freeze them. Then the burrito just needs to be thawed and briefly warmed up in the microwave or oven. This feast is ready for any point in time.
Nutritional information per Tex-Mex burrito:
Calories: 502 – Protein: 27g – Fat: 26g – Carbs: 39g
- 2Wheat tortilla
- 200g ground beef, reduced fat
- 20g cream cheese
- 20g creme fraiche
- 70g avocado
- 50g corn
- 50g tomatoes
- 15g tomato paste
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 leaves lettuce
- salt, pepper, garlic, paprika.
- Step 1 Brown the minced meat in a pan until hot. Season with salt, bell pepper, garlic and paprika. Stir in the tomato paste
- Step 2 finely dice the tomato and onion and add to the pan with the corn and kidney beans and stir. Let stand briefly and then remove the pan from the heat
- Step 3 Spread the center of the wheat tortilla with cream cheese. Then spread the pan contents on top along with avocado and lettuce. Finally, spread creme fraiche over the lettuce
- Step 4 fold the sides of the tortilla inward and roll up the burrito tightly
- Step 5 serve with tomatoes and avocado cream, if desired.