Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare a super delicious Lentils Bolognese that is not only vegan, but also tastes almost identical to the original.
A few years ago, I would never have imagined going vegan. Even if I’m not a 100% vegan now, I am still resorting to vegan recipes and dishes more and more often and trying out new foods. So it was with this vegan Lentils Bolognese, which I like at least as good as the original spaghetti bolognese .
What I find particularly great about this variant is that absolutely no animal products have to be used and the Lentils Bolognese have great nutritional values even without meat. If you even take a closer look, this Lentils Bolognese is much healthier than the original meat variant, as it has very little fat but still has enough protein. Lentils become a real superfood here too!
Nutritional information per serving of Lentils Bolognese:
Calories: 374 – Protein: 16g – Fat: 3g – Carbs: 71g
- 2200g spaghetti
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can red lentils
- 2-3 carrots
- 250ml vegetable broth
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with basil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- salt, pepper, Italian herbs
- olive oil for the pan.
- Step 1 Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions
- Step 2 Meanwhile, dice the carrots and onion and finely chop the garlic
- Step 3 Heat a deep pan with olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic in it, then add the carrots and cook at a higher temperature. Deglaze with vegetable broth and boil for about 5 minutes
- Step 4 When the liquid has evaporated, stir in tomato paste, lentils and chopped tomatoes. Add sugar and season generously with salt, pepper and Italian herbs
- Step 5 let the sauce simmer gently. Finally, coarsely chop fresh basil and stir into the sauce.