Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare a delicious asparagus cream soup with just a few ingredients.
What do you like best about spring? The blooming trees and plants, the longer days and warmer temperatures? Or is it not the asparagus season that everyone is always waiting for? When the asparagus is there, you can see it everywhere in the supermarkets or on the weekly menu of the restaurants. A classic here is often the asparagus cream soup, which is served as a starter or main course. I also really like this soup, especially when it is creamy and slightly lemony.
My asparagus cream soup completely dispenses with cream or roux. I prefer to use other vegetables here and cook potatoes, which give the creamy asparagus soup its creaminess. With just a few ingredients you can conjure up a light asparagus cream soup with my recipe.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories: 160 – Protein: 6g – Fat: 7g – Carbs: 18g
Asparagus Cream Soup
- 800g asparagus
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1.5 liters of water
- 20g butter
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- Salt pepper
- Step 1 Peel the asparagus and bring the asparagus peels to the boil together with the water for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces .
- Step 2 Take the asparagus peels out of the water. Use the remaining asparagus stock and cook the potatoes until soft. Cut the asparagus into 2-3cm pieces, put the tips aside and cook the rest with the potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Step 3 When the potatoes are soft-boiled, use a hand blender to puree the entire contents to an even mass. Add a little more water depending on the consistency. As soon as the soup has reached the desired consistency, add the asparagus tips and butter and simmer for another 10 minutes until the asparagus tips are soft.
- Step 4 Finally, season the soup with salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice and serve with fresh parsley if you like.
- Step 5 Tip: If you want, you can also finely chop the parsley and stir it into the soup beforehand.