Switch the language to: Deutsch
I admit that I don’t have potato and cucumber salad very often. However, recently I really wanted a good portion of this classic, so I created my own recipe for it. In this post, I’ll show you how to prepare this delicious potato and cucumber salad.
When I was in Hamburg for a few days at the beginning of this year, of course, I couldn’t avoid eating fresh fish from the Nordic seas. Since I’m honestly not a big fish eater, I usually get a round of fried fish with crispy breading and lots of tartar sauce. I was also served a wonderful potato and cucumber salad, which for me was the highlight of the whole dish. Now – a few months later – I’ve finally tried the same combination for myself. Here you can see the result.
For my potato and cucumber salad I wanted to create a sweetish-sour note, which was refined with small onion cubes and lots of dill. So I threw boiled potatoes together with thinly sliced cucumber slices and shallots in a large bowl and mixed a marinade of linseed oil, vinegar, salad herbs, dill and a little sugar. The whole thing has to go through a bit, of course, so that all the flavors unfold and the starch of the potatoes spreads onto the sauce.
Also like to look in mine Recipe collection for more inspiration.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 212 – Protein: 3g – Fat: 16g – Carbs: 14g
Potato Cucumber Salad
- 200g potato
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 small onion
- 1 sachet Salatfix herbs with garlic
- 3 tbsp linseed oil
- 3 tbsp water
- salt, pepper, sweetener of choice
- 1 sprig dill, fresh
- Step 1 Boil the potatoes in salted water, rinse with cold water and leave to cool. Peel and slice the potatoes. Peel the cucumber coarsely and cut into very thin slices. Chop one onion finely and collect in a bowl.
- Step 2 For the salad dressing, mix 1 sachet salad dressing mix with 3 tbsp. oil and 3 tbsp. water. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sweetness of your choice. Add the sauce to the onion pieces.
- Step 3 Add the potatoes to the sauce and leave to stand for 15 minutes. Finely chop the dill and add to the salad together with the cucumber slices. Mix everything together again before serving.