Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post, I’ll show you a recipe for crispy potato rösti with a homemade mushroom cream sauce. A wonderful recipe for hearty cuisine at any time of the day. This dish is prepared in just 30 minutes and enchants everyone’s day.
Time for soul food! Today we have super crispy potato rösti with a creamy mushroom sauce. The hash browns consist of potatoes, onion, egg and a little flour so that they don’t fall apart in the pan. Seasoned with a little salt and pepper, they are fried in vegetable oil so that the potato hash browns are crispy on the outside and remain soft on the inside. There is also a creamy, tangy mushroom cream sauce that you can prepare yourself in just a few minutes without a sauce thickener or flavor enhancer.
Overall, this dish is wonderful on cold autumn days, when it has to be quick but still needs to be hearty. A great change from rice or pasta. If you want, you can also conjure up the hash browns as a side dish to another dish or enrich the sauce with some sliced chicken. No matter how, the potato rösti always taste great.
Nutritional information per serving of potato rösti
Calories: 616 – Protein: 15g – Fat: 38g – Carbs: 51g
Potato Rösti with mushroom cream sauce
- 400g raw potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 400g mushrooms
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 200ml cream
- 100ml chicken broth
- Salt pepper
- fresh parsley
- Oil for the pan
- Step 1 Peel the potatoes and grate them into small pieces with a grater. Finely dice the onion.
- Step 2 Wrap the potato pieces in a towel and squeeze the liquid out well. Then mix together with the diced onions, 2 tbsp flour and egg to form an even mass. Season them well with salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Quarter the mushrooms and fry them in a pan with a little oil. Meanwhile, heat a second pan with oil to 3/4 heat and portion the hash browns in it and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Step 4 Dust the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon flour, deglaze with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Stir in mustard and cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Serve the rösti with the mushrooms and optionally enrich with parsley.