Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
A Greek farmer’s salad is one of the most traditional Greek dishes. In contrast to a classic salad, a Greek farmer’s salad does not consist of any leaf salads, but rather combines fresh vegetables with olives and sheep cheese. In this article, I’ll show you how easy it is to prepare this great salad.
I like to think back to the late summer of 2018, when I was allowed to explore the island of Crete for almost 3 weeks. By the way, I can absolutely recommend this destination. There you will find fantastic beaches and lots of things to see. A Greek farmer’s salad became something of my staple on this holiday, because it was available everywhere – super fresh, for little money. Whether at the beach hut for lunch, in the small tavern for dinner or homemade in the apartment: This salad is one of my favorite memories of this vacation.
Components of a Greek farmer’s salad
The beauty of this salad is its simplicity and the great combination of fresh flavors, because a Greek farmer’s salad consists of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, refined with red onions and olives, enriched with green peppers and topped with fresh Greek sheep’s cheese. There is just a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
If you are looking for other salads, have a look around one of my “Salads” category.
Nutritional Information per serving
Calories: 388 – Protein: 11g – Fat: 36g – Carbs: 6g
- 200g cocktail vine tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion, 60g black olives
- 90g Greek feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice 1/2 lemon
- salt, pepper, oregano
- Step 1 Cut the cucumber and bell pepper into fine cubes. Quarter the tomatoes. Cut the onion into rings. Put everything together with the olives in a bowl and mix.
- Step 2 Put in the feta with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with oregano.
- Step 3 For the dressing, mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with salt, pepper and the juice of 1/2 lemon and pour over the salad.