Dieser Beitrag ist auch verfügbar auf: Deutsch
In this post I will show you a simple recipe for Cashew Kai with purple rice – the new superfood from Thailand. The recipe is particularly suitable for a quick after-work meal or a quick lunch. In just 30 minutes you can conjure up a great rice dish here.
Do you have a favorite dish when you go to the Thai restaurant around the corner? Not really me, but I noticed that I always orient myself in the same direction. Most of all I like dishes with lots of vegetables, good rice, a delicious soy sauce and that certain something extra, such as roasted Carew nuts, roasted onions or fresh herbs.
Here I will show you how you can quickly and easily prepare such a cashew kai yourself at home. The specialty here is that this time I used purple rice, which is a kind of whole grain rice from Thailand with a particularly high amount of nutritional values and vitamins.
If you are interested in other Asian dishes, take a look at my recipe category “Asian dishes” around.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 435 – Protein: 16g – Fat: 25g – Carbs: 35g
Cashew Kai with Purple Rice
- 140g purple rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 2 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 30g cashew nuts
- 100ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- salt, pepper
- Step 1 Cook the rice according to the instructions
- Step 2 Meanwhile, cut the vegetables into cubes and slices and heat a deep pan with sesame oil.
- Step 3 Now first sauté the carrots and peppers in the hot oil. Add the zucchini, garlic and shallots after a few minutes and cook everything together.
- Step 4 Deglaze the vegetables with soy sauce, stir in a teaspoon of honey and let everything simmer at low temperature
- Step 5 In addition, roast the cashews in an extra pan until golden brown and then add to the vegetables.
- Step 6 Finally, serve everything with extra sesame oil.